Monday, January 14, 2008

For Spares Or Repair

One back, vintage 60s. Needs overhaul after relentless snowfall
caused constant wear from shoveling.

But, then, it's like selling a house. You need a replacement and
it will probably be just as costly or in need of repair.

Just as the snowpack here had melted down so we could see
the street BEFORE we backed into it, we get another foot
of snow (so they are predicting). I've already been out
there to shovel Mrs. L OUT of the driveway, and I'm sure
I'll need to clear it three more times before she comes back.

No school today for Master L. "Weeee!", he said. Or
maybe it was "Wii". . . yeah, it looks like it was "Wii".
But he probably learns more from playing the games
on that thing than he does in our crappy school system.

Why is it that when you spill something (in this case,
a spoonful of sugar), the cat instantly is on top of the
spill area with one of his toys, thrashing around?
A moment before he was asleep in another room.
HOW do they DO that?!?!

And why is it that when you spill something on
a day when it's snowing like crazy, you see
that you're down to your last few paper towels??

I'm guessing band rehearsal will be rescheduled. What
the hell. It's only for the drummer anyway . . . LOL.

Does anyone else have one of these Senseo coffee
machines? They make coffee twice as expensive
but slightly more convenient and less wasteful,
sort of. But when Mrs. L first brought the thing
home, all I could think was, "Senseo??? As in,
'sense of your own mortality?' "

It does make you drink more coffee, so there
may be something in that.

Ah . . . I am rambling today.

I had planned to take at least one of the cars
to the mechanic to find out just how much the
next round of maintenance was going to cost
(I think we're looking at about $500 . . . one
of those, "Well, if you want me to replace that
part, I'll have to take these off too, so we
ought to just replace them now, while they're
off the car" deals). I love cars. Without them,
there would just be too much extra cash to
worry about.

Not to worry though. One car is still buried
under the snow and the other just got plowed
in again by our fabulous local plow/race team.
I am surprised they haven't killed anyone
with flying snow this year. But it's early.

Anyway. I expect to be burrowing out for
the next 12 hours. I would have said "boring",
but that could have meant something really
dirty or, really dull. . . like this post.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bored Housewife said...

I am chuckling a little maniacally at the new implication of "bore"...

And feeling less homesick than I was just moments ago. Shuddering at the thought of all that snow...

7:29 PM  
Blogger Bud said...

Just hearing about snow makes my skin crawl. There does seem to be a universal law regarding cats, kids and messes. If there is a way to make a mess bigger,they will find it.

11:53 AM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

haha! learning more from wii than the public schools! sometimes i feel the same way. actually, it's not the school or the teachers, but the shi**y curriculum for us.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home