Monday, September 12, 2005

"Thank a Teacher"

But don't thank an administrator......

Here's part of a letter sent home by
the principal of my son's school:

"The School District Relief Committee to help
children and families impacted by Katerina has established
a fundraising effort with two purposes:

1. To help children and families who have been displaced
and have resettled in the community.
2. To supports to rebuild the education infrastructure of one
or more communities devastated by the storm."


"Impacted"? "Katerina"? "to supports to"?
I don't think I should trust these people to make decisions
regarding my child's education!

Maybe we can send food and clothes, and in return, they can
send us English teachers - or editors....

4 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

This is precicely why I home educate :)

4:12 AM  
Blogger Bud said...

I hate when that happens but it does to everyone. Even home schoolers. But I will say that when it came time for me to decide if i wanted to be an administrator or remain in the classroom, I decided teaching is way more satisfying. I have found that many administrators made their choice because they hate teaching so much that they'd put up with a job where you can't please anybody. A job where you almost always look stupid to somebody.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Bonvallet said...

Very funny in an Eddie Izzard sort of way. (gets serious), nope, that's sad actually.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

That reminds me of the marquee on my daughter's school last year...

It said "Happy Secetarys Day".

On both sides.
For crap's sake.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home