Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I'm IN and Reunited

Wow. For the last two weeks, I've been unable to visit most
of my "frequently visited sites" on the web. It was as if my
ISP had said, "He hits these a lot - let's block them so he'll
call us and we can talk him into upgrading"....or something
like that.

Anyway....today I played the "annual reunion" gig that my
band does every October. For some reason, the four original
members play this festival gig every October, even though
two of the guys aren't in the band anymore. The drummer
drives down from Vermont. It must be "the love"...what
other explanation could there be?

So - we don't see each other all year, we don't rehearse before
the gig, our fearless leader calls off a few songs we've never actually
played before, and we sound .... surprisingly good. Hmm.
Something to be said for "familiarity breeds contempt", maybe?!

There is photographic evidence - not digital though, so it will have
to wait. Assuming any of it came out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

The unrehearsed gig. Always scary. Often very good. Inexplicable. Everybody usually has a fantastic time.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home