Saturday, October 22, 2005

Staying Busy: Phase 1 - Saffire

What do you do when money is tight? Stay busy and
try not to get bogged down worrying about it....

How about, start attending all the events you bought tickets
for....three or four months ago. It works. Takes your mind
off the lack of cash flow NOW!!

* Saffire - The Uppity Blues Women at Merrimack College *

For some reason, the auditorium was only 3/4 full. There
was almost no promo for this show, maybe that was it.
Or maybe blues really is on the outs right now...which would
console me a bit - that may mean my own gigs aren't falling off
a bit simply because *I* suck!!

Of course, there's a difference: when these ladies sing
songs filled with racy double-entendres, everybody
laughs. If I did that, one-third of the audience would laugh,
one-third would think I was a stalker and the rest would
shield their daughters on the way out!!

Anyway, I enjoyed the show. Mrs. L enjoyed the show.
Master L...well, he mostly enjoyed it...but he's six. His
attention span is still a "work in progress".

The band spent plenty of time between sets and after the
show talking with fans. They are wonderful people.
See them if you can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Glad you had fun with Saffire. I know what you mean, though. I guess we've all had nights when we considered growing tits to get the audience's attention. That would improve everybody's attention span, huh?

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bud, I DO have tits and that doesn't always work either!

L. I haven't heard Saffire since my days on Mountain Stage. Glad they still have it! I remember them being pretty great!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home