Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Oh, how I missed the working world....

I've taken on a temporary job - the first "official" non-music job
I've had since 1999.

Nothing much has changed.

Some notable quotes:

"If you get hurt, you're fired." [that sounds legal]

"If I say anything that offends anyone, it's just the
way I am." [ah, a good legal defense!]

"Here are the cardboard boxes, or 'homeless housing'. "
[quite sensitive]

First guy: "I used to make $112k a year in the 90s."
Second guy: "Then why are you doing THIS job?"
First guy: "I used to like to spend money on beautiful women."
[um...OK]

"The union says I work in THIS spot....not THAT spot."
[the other spot was a foot away...territorial, aren't ya, pal....]

Well, it's only temporary.....and since the city decided my house
has magically doubled in value (for tax purposes only), quite
necessary.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... Paying the bills. Us musicians must do what we must do. Hang in there, L. Like you said, it's only temporary! (At least you have a house!)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Bud said...

Went to a dinner party last night at the CC. Chatted up the musicians. They were excellent at not rolling their eyes as they played a billion christmas songs and true MOLDY ldies. "You gotta eat..." was their attitude. I'm glad I never had to do this for my primary income. I do need to pay my expenses and have some mad money left over, though. I hope you hold up okay.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gees. The comments some people make hey?

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home