Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Staying Busy : Phase 4 - Richard Thompson

* Richard Thompson / Eliza Gilkyson, Orpheum Theatre *

Father/son night at the Orpheum....not officially, but....

Master L and I headed into Boston once again. For some reason,
I keep forgetting that when these shows get out, the trains will
be undergoing "maintenance" and we'll have to take a detour
on buses.

Master L has developed a bad habit of whispering "I'm bored"
during opening acts. I don't think he even listens to them to
find out if he likes them...he just wants the prize at the bottom
of the box.

So even though Eliza Gilkyson was pretty good, I spent most of
her set listening to Master L ask "Is THIS the last song? When
is Richard Thompson coming on?"

Richard came on, Master L settled down....he even sang along
on some of the tunes he knows. Normally I don't like the person
next to me SINGING the song, but Master L is fairly discreet about
it...plus, he wasn't asking me when the last song would be.

After the show, Master L was photographed with Richard. He didn't
tell Richard that his favourite song was "Crawl Back", even though
he told me he was going to....but I think the case of "tongue-tied"
was normal for a six-year old.

And then...we headed out to experience the joy that is MBTA night
maintenance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home