Thursday, March 22, 2007

"He Was Malled!"

Apologies to the late, great Johnny Most for that
title pun.

Last weekend I was exposed to a mall. No, that sounds
wrong. . . I exposed myself to a mall. . . no. . . I was
forced by my employer to expose myself to a mall.
Yeah, that's it.

My part-time job required me to drive some guys to a
mall so they could shop. I tend to stay away from malls
if I can. But this time, I got the full tour.

This particular mall was one I lived near in my, um,
'formative' years. The first thing I noticed is that the
place has grown to about three times the size it was
when it was built. Inside, the thing I noticed is that
it's about 90% clothing/shoe stores. And it's mobbed!

Now, I know I'm "just a man", but HOW can a place
like that be so busy? Can people really shop for clothes
all day, every day? I find it hard to believe these places
do the amount of business that they do.
Well, it was the weekend - but still. Come on!
It just doesn't make sense to the male brain.
"Hey, Bob, let's go buy some clothes!". . . just doesn't
work.

An observation from one of the guys I brought there
(he's 63), as he scanned the mall activity: "Today's
generation sucks. The way they dress sucks. Their
music sucks. I just don't know."

On the ride home, I saw a sign outside a pet store that
read: "Puppy socialization - 1 pm - $10"

Is that really for the puppies? Or is it a dog-owner
pick-up joint with a ten dollar cover??

I think they should unleash the dogs in the mall.

3 Comments:

Blogger hellomelissa said...

as long as you didn't expose yourself IN the mall.

i hate malls, too. and i'm FEMALE. how weird is that?

6:55 PM  
Blogger Pisser said...

I agree with the 63 year old guy, and take no responsibility for this generation.

-GenXer

7:41 PM  
Blogger Pisser said...

(Isn't "Not My Generation" a song by The Who? Maybe it should be...)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home