Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friday the 13th

Hillary Clinton was speaking at the college down the street
from our house, so went went down there to listen. This was
one of the best moments:

Bill had been standing, stage right, behind the woman doing
the introductions. While she was speaking, he walked across
the stage and took his seat on the stool behind her, without
her noticing he had moved.

When she started to introduce him, she gestured to her right
but Bill wasn't there anymore. Then, she suddenly noticed he
was right behind her. She then jumped in shock and said,
"...sneaky!"

I was sure the moment would end up on The Daily Show.
Did it??





Later, I played an "intimate" duo gig (i.e., not loud) that was
actually attended by a whole bunch of people we know (a rarity) :



I guess the only bad luck of the day was the reference in "Born
Under A Bad Sign" . . . unless you count the fact that my
partner-in-musical-crime makes me play some Springsteen
tunes at this particular place. LOL!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Cool Hillary moment and cool live shot of you guys playing. Read you in a month. I'm out of here in the morning.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

awesome! which one are you, mr. l? keep rockin'!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the one in the foreground playing the bass...

10:52 PM  
Blogger skoneill said...

Hey, is that my picture? Damn!

You played Springsteen because the overflow crowd springs to their feet as one, cheering wildly at the first chords. It's in your destiny to be a Springsteen Tribute Band.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Springsteen tribute?!? Them's fightin' words !! :)

Yes, that's the pic you took. I'd have credited it but I figured you were "working for me" by taking it so I own it, lock-stock-barrel, in all media, in perpetuity, etc....you know the talk!! LOL!! Since I'm not completely heartless and ungrateful though, I'll say to anyone reading this: Go visit Susan's pages and buy her book, dammit!!! ;)

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - well, you can't get to Susan's page by clicking her name, apparently - so use the link in my sidebar. That one works!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home