Friday, May 25, 2007

Celebrate - It's Almost Over

Master L's school had their annual "Celebration of
Learning" this week. Or, as I like to call it,
"Celibate! Shun Learning" -- in honour of the
teacher, who seems to have a perpetual stick up
her ass. I can't stand the woman. If the "end tenure"
movement had a poster, she'd be on it. Gah.....it
drives me mad just thinking about her getting paid
to NOT teach my kid while she waits however many
years until her lucrative retirement package kicks in.

I know, I know: "Teachers are underpaid."

Well, the ones that actually TEACH certainly are. But
these lazy old union dinosaurs are a disgrace to the
profession.

I can't wait for Master L to be out of her class and away
from her influence. She did more damage than good.
May she rot in hell. Well....I'll stop there, because "if
you can't say anything nice", and all. And I think I
might say something negative if I keep writing.

Tonight we get to go to the local minor league baseball
game. Master L "won" tickets at school in some way
that is still unclear to me....I think it had something to
do with reading, but he wasn't big on the details. And
doesn't like to be pressed. Well, OK, we've got four
tickets to the game.....they're giving away T-shirts....
and I guess we'll be eating hot dogs for dinner.
MMM.....park hot dogs. I think it's the salmonella
that makes them taste so much better than the
one you make at home.

Well, that's it. My brain just shut off.....the end.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Somebody just has to come up with a way to use the gas produced by hot dogs and such to run our cars. But that, of of curse, would raise the price of junk food.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't there some study in Europe awhile ago about the viability of harnessing the methane from sheep??

5:24 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

I suspect the kind of teachers that we used to have are too afraid to teach for fear of being reported by some parent miffed that her baby was actually asked to do homework, or pay attention in class, or some such thing.

2:33 PM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

and here was i, dabbing my tears away on the last day of school as i've felt so lucky to have such a great school and such caring teachers. as a matter of fact, the darn teachers were hugging me and crying right along!

i hope the little guy has a better year next year. if not, come on down to the southern part of heaven! the schools down here might not be fancy, but you sure get a pile of love & care.

and i entirely agree with froggie.

8:30 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I know, I know: "Teachers are underpaid."

Well, the ones that actually TEACH certainly are. But
these lazy old union dinosaurs are a disgrace to the
profession.

--

Beautifully put. When my wife started teaching, she ran right up against the dinosaurs who nagged her to death and wouldn't let her move up the ladder. Swine, all of them. I'm glad our then-future-kids didn't have morons like this as teachers.

Thankfully, my wife is the kind of teacher all parents would want for their kids.

And you're the kind of blogger I look forward to visiting again. I love how you write!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home