Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Guest-Post by GolfWidow

Are you a bad blogger (like me??)...or do you need a break
from the stress of blogging deadlines!? Head on over to
GolfWidow's and get yourself a guest-post! And now... to
the post:




by

Golf Widow

I am guest-posting for Mr. Lugubrious, who is never nearly as morose as one would think, from his name.

In fact, I think Eeyore is more mournful than is Mr. Lugubrious.

[*I'll interject here and admit I've been compared to Eeyore in the past! - Mr. L]

Which just gave me an idea for a fun guest-post, and it's interactive.

I was going to make this a contest, but I haven't got any prizes, and I certainly wouldn't ask the Lugubrious One to provide some. It just struck me as a highly creative idea. Fun for the whole family.

And, given the (lack of) frequency of Mr. Lugubrious' posts, this ought to keep everyone busy for a bit.

Reverse-Engineered Caption Meme

No one is tagged (except myself; I am doing this in my own blog as well). You do it if you want to do it.

Instructions:

  • Pick a random phrase or sentence. This can be anything, from something you overheard, to a quotation from a movie, to a bunch of words that floated into your head at any given time.
  • Post the phrase in your blog.
  • Now find an image to post with it, such that the phrase is now the caption to the photo. (Make sure that, if you didn't take the photo, you credit the source.)
  • Invite your visitors to do two things (with a third, optional):
    1. Come up with a different image for your "caption."
    2. Come up with a new caption and image of their own, for their visitors to play off of.
    3. OPTIONAL: Come up with a different caption for your image, which they can post in your comments.

Here is my completely-captioned submission.


"I'm so goth I shit bats."

(Still-image courtesy of http://www.helloaaron.com/; caption from a random LOLCAT I've seen floating 'round.)

Again, you now, should you choose to accept this mission, come up with a new image for this caption; come up with a new caption (and accompanying image) for your own blog, and you may also, optionally, recaption this image in Mr. Lugubrious' comments.

Have fun, people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

No, I seriously can't come close to this!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home