Friday, August 12, 2005

Alt Medicine and Fenway

While searching in vain for my son's Chicago
White Sox hat (his great-grandfather gave it him
because it said "Sox", thinking it was a RED SOX
hat!), I discovered our alternative medicine
cabinet.

There was a bin in the basement full of clothes that
mostly belonged to my wife. Almost every garment
had some kind of sinus relief medication in one
of the pockets. Of course, all of it was out-of-date.
If only I'd known, I'd have gotten down there sooner.

Actually, I don't know about you, but I've given up on
all of that sinus/allergy stuff. It just doesn't work for
me anymore. And it's WAY too expensive.

Anyway, we're off to Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox
play the White Sox. I figured if my son had BOTH hats
he'd double his chances for autographs if we got there
early enough. Besides, Mrs. L was "born in Chicago",
as they say in the blues, so it's not like we're traitors
or anything...too much. I just want Master L to have a
good time at his first major league game.

I haven't been to Fenway since 1995. I'm figuring...what...
$5 for a soda...$9 for a hot dog?!?! Ahhh, but they just
don't taste the same anywhere else, do they?

No - I don't want to know why!!!!

Hey, they still have real grass in Fenway Park. Wonder if
I should grab a handful of outdated allergy medication
for the game? I hear it goes well with Budweiser.

Go Sox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home