Tuesday, July 19, 2005

It All Comes 'Round Again

I've been playing a bunch of festival-type gigs lately,
where there has been little or no rehearsal and lots of
onstage improv. It's like the 60s...except I was too young
to be playing back then.

The other thing that is eerily similar to that beloved era
is the lack of pay for these types of gigs. Sometimes the
money is there, and sometimes no one knows anything
about it!

I had the gall to ask for money to have my band drive
90 miles with all our equipment and play for four
hours. The people running the event seemed
shocked!

Every show has been in hot and humid weather. It makes
tuning very "interesting" to say the least.

Whine, whine, whine. I just can't stop whining until this
damned humidity breaks!!! Back to talking about the weather
...ugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

I hope you had fun regardless :)

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The music is almost always fun. It's all the OTHER stuff, like moving the equipment, booking, etc, that really makes you earn the money!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Z said...

Sounds like a lot of hard work. I enjoy singing and I would do it if I had the chance.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home