Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Things I've Seen....

Ah, the working world. What a place....

Let's see - in only a few short weeks of trying to raise some
extra cash, I've experienced:

- A combination of interesting interpretations of the labour laws
with the expected added "fear factor" management [gotta keep
the sheep in line, after all].

- A sign on a stack of warehouse pallets that read:
"Plane simple and stright forward get your own paltes"
[they drug test all potential employees - might I suggest
a spelling test as well???]

- A box of markers. The interesting thing was the box
copy: "Quality Blind Made Products". I guess that's
why the markers are all the same colour....making sure
there was one of each would be tough. [yeah, yeah,
I know....insensitive. Don't bother to flame me, I
know better and I'm only kidding....sheesh...]

- Another box. This one is plain white. It has two bar codes
on it and a bunch of numbers. But it doesn't indicate the
contents ANYWHERE. And then, I guess since it wasn't obvious
what it was, someone had written on it, in (blind made) black marker,
"BOX". The whole thing reminds me of a Yoko Ono art exhibit.

- Bathroom graffiti. One day, "Repent You Sinners" appeared on
the wall. Soon, someone changed it to "Repent You Shriners".
And then it was altered to read, "Repaint, You Assholes!".

- The glove story: A guy walked into the men's room, used the
urinal and washed his hands. He was WEARING RUBBER
GLOVES the whole time.....

Look at the clock....I have to go back there now....fun, fun....

2 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Pfft! That was good, Mr. L. Have a great holiday weekend!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holiday? Nah, I have to work tonight, too!! Bastards.

Enjoy yours, Jane...

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home