Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Nemesis


Hole #1, and the start of a good, or very bad day.
This year they were mostly bad....but at least it's
a nice place to walk around during the fall foliage
change. This picture was taken past peak, because
I kept forgetting to bring the camera.

I didn't lose the final match of the year, so someone
else has to hold onto the "headcover of shame" for
the winter.

I play golf with a bunch of guys who "don't make paint,
but make the adhesive that makes paint stick to other
things."

5 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I moved to a golf course community to play but realized I couldn't afford it and that people take it way too seriously. So I haven't played since I moved here. I like hitting balls and don't give a shit where they go actually so I'm not a favorite golf partner.

So they make the sticky part of paint, Huh? Sounds like there might be a song in that idea. Have to think about that.

10:33 PM  
Blogger golfwidow said...

I so love that line about not making paint. I shall probably steal it.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bud: Sounds like you'd be a candidate for those golfballs with faces printed on them!

GW: Sadly, that's really what they do. Well, not sad for them...apparently there is good money in it. They also make (or made) the powder that makes black paint black....

4:37 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

BASF folks, huh? At least you got in a game this year. I haven't played since before the PGA invaded my club in 2005.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Froggie: Not BASF...a competitor, I guess. They work for a company based in Holland.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home