Monday, April 25, 2005

First Base? Not Exactly!

This post was inspired by Last Girl's comment on
my previous post.

Not exactly first base, but an amusing tale.

A friend of mine is an artist (www.portraitsandpets.com) .
She used to run an art gallery. One night, at one of the
gallery events, there was a young, very talented artist.
Only about 17 years old, I think. I can't remember her
name (I think it was Rinna -?). I have one of her drawings in
storage - I really should find it and hang it. You know, so if she
gets famous, I can say I was there, "way back when" . . . ha!

I don't remember exactly how old my son was at the time,
but he wasn't quite walking yet - so he was probably
between a year and 14 months old, I'm guessing. Maybe
less.

He was crawling around the gallery floor when suddenly
he spotted this girl across the room. He went directly to
her. He hoisted himself up, holding onto her knees so
he was looking directly up her skirt (which was short).
Then he turned, looked around, and said to all,
"HA...HA...HAAA!" - slowly and deliberately!
As if to say, "Hey, everyone, look what's up here!"

The girl's father quipped, "If he wasn't a baby, I'd break
his arms."

For some reason, I took the heat for that one, simply
because I was the one at home with him all day!

Hey - some things are are instinct . . . I'm innocent!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Agreed, you are innocent. However, it was very amusing...well, unless you are the girl or her father, but he was only a baby.
Now if he was 14 years old rather than 14 months, well, than YOU do not look so innocent.

Stopping by to say hello and to add you to my blogroll.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. Years ago, back in my W.Va. days, there was a kid who was around 6... a little obnoxious boy, who ran up to me and put his hands on my breasts and yelled out, "COME IN TOKYO". The adults laughed even though IT HURT LIKE HELL! And I have to say I was kind of pissed that his parents didn't say anything to him. You KNOW I'm a good sport, but still... he probably grew up to become a leading man in Hollywood! xo

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. Well, I'm pretty certain my son understands more about "boundaries" now! But does that mean his career choices are limited? No Hollywood for him? ;)

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the girl's father was joking!? I would have punched him!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home