Friday, April 22, 2005

My Musical Week 4/22

Reviving a failed experiment . . . assuming I keep
it going, which I probably won't! Mostly because
you'd be subjected to a lot of "Wednesday's rehearsal
recording" which would mean absolutely nothing to
you unless I really bored you with the details.

This week (and these almost all have links!) :

The Duhks - "The Duhks"
Richard Thompson - "Amnesia"
Mike Keneally - "The Tar Tapes Vol. 1"
..and his bass player...
Bryan Beller - "View"
The Hellecasters - "The Hellecasters"
Buddy Guy - "Hold That Plane!"
Ludwig van Beethoven : Symphonien Nos. 5 & 6
(Berliner Philharmoniker/Herbert von Karajan)

I had to dig out the Fifth Symphony because my son
had picked up a joke somewhere . . .

"Q: What was Beethoven's favourite fruit?
A: Ba na na na!!!!"

I figured he should learn WHY that was supposed
to be funny . . . and it turns out he likes the symphony
a lot.

But, my son also likes Keneally - because he says some of
his stuff sounds like it could be part of the Pokemon
show soundtrack!

But that's OK. I suspect the reason he likes MY music is
because on the rare occasion he can attend a show, he's
out late and eating all kinds of snacks !!!

1 Comments:

Blogger slow poke kate said...

great site! just stopping by to say hello! I will be back, no doubt!

island girl
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=musingsofislandgirl

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home