Saturday, April 09, 2005

Buy DogBonds!

Support the war effort. Buy DogBonds.
Evil ideas don't come cheaply.

Wait. Maybe they do. Someone suggested I fill a spray
bottle with water and dishsoap, and spray the offending
dogs when they bark. I was told this had two benefits:
first, the soap stings the eyes; second, when the dog
licks the soap off its fur it will get diarrhea (probably
when it's back inside the house).

Wow. Nasty. I don't think I'll go that way. If it would
work on the dog's owner, well, maybe!

Someone else suggested electric fencing. I never liked that
stuff, even for cows. Probably because my introduction to
electric fencing was leaning up against a cow fence in Vermont,
not knowing it was electrified. A few seconds later . . . zzzzt!
Won't do THAT again!

When I was growing up, my father had a can of "dog repellent"
spray in the basement. I don't ever remember him using it, but
later, when I lived in the house by myself, I had a neighbour who
insisted on stopping her dog at my front bushes to pee every day.
I wondered if that stuff worked. I thought about the fact that,
whatever the stuff was, I couldn't find it on the shelf at the store
anymore (i.e., it was probably something really bad that was no
longer made, but I couldn't prove it).

I sprayed it on the bushes. The neighbour approached with the
dog. The dog started to run away, straining at the leash. The
woman, to her credit (?), fought as hard as she could to FORCE
the dog to pee on our bush - dragging the poor thing back every time
it ran off - but it ended when I stuck my head out the door and said,
"Everything OK out here?" . . .

But I digress. Buy DogBonds. Or send ideas. Or old cans of
dog repellent spray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home