Thursday, April 28, 2005

Was This Mean?

I have an old friend who is a recluse. For years,
she only left her bedroom when absolutely
necessary. A couple of years ago, she packed
up and moved from the northeast US to Hawaii.

I assume her lifestyle hasn't changed much.

Recently, my brother-in-law visited Hawaii as
part of his 25th wedding anniversary celebration.

I saw an opportunity :
I wrote a note that said,
"Well, we were in Honolulu but didn't have time to go looking
for you....not that you'd have answered the door anyway!"
and put it in an envelope for him to mail FROM Honolulu
- which he did.

My question to you: Am I too mean? Or was this a good
joke between people who've known each other for
over 20 years?

1 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

I think that's amusing. It would have made me smile :)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home