Saturday, August 13, 2005

Post-Game Summary

OK, I admit it - I overestimated the cost of the dogs
and drinks. $3 & $4 plus change. I was kind of
surprised. The volume makes up for it I suppose.
Although I do feel something just isn't right when
a bottle of water is $4. Hey, the street vendors
outside only charge $3! The convenience store
on the corner charges $1.19.

The total cost of the night for a family of 3 was around
$270, including everything (parking, trains, tickets, "food").
"Family Friendly" ? I'll leave that for you to decide.

We went in early to watch batting practice. Master L
was amazed at how far the batters could hit the ball.

No players came over to the waiting throngs of kids
along the wall. My son did manage to get his hat
signed by Theo Epstein (general manager of the
team).

He also didn't get nailed by a one-hop foul ball
during batting practice (missed by two feet).
[Someone behind us DID get hit by it. And
a woman standing next to us who was from
NY actually said, "That would never happen
in Yankee Stadium"....how can that be?!?]

Master L had his picture taken with "Wally
the Green Monster", a sort-of mutated Muppet in
a baseball hat. But that was indoors and we'd left
the flash at home (OK, *I* left the flash at home,
alright??). We used film, or I'd put up a picture
now. The anticipation will have to build...

I hadn't been to a game at Fenway since 1995.
The most noticeable difference was....
Final score: Red Sox 9, White Sox 8.
The home team wins now.

Master L got a win at his first major league
game. Woo hoo!

On the way home, he wanted to know when
the "next" game would be....D'OH!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I can't think of any reason OTHER than bringing a kid to go to a pro ball game. You probably got off lightly for $270

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bud: You're right, because we didn't buy everything that passed by (and that's what kids want!). I also let him buy a new hat about 8 hours before the game, so tack on another $15. It was a cool hat, though - grey and white camo - that matched the shirt he was wearing (he did that himself, I'm oblivious to such things). He received compliments for his fashion sense all day.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home