Thursday, February 23, 2006

Happy Birthday

...to me.

Memorable quotes this year from Master L on the occasion:

"Wow, you're old!"

"You have lots of white hairs, Dad. I should have collected them for
my '100 day' collection for school!"

All said with love and admiration....of course....

When my Aunt Peggy was still alive, you could always count on
an inappropriately-early morning phone call, which would consist
only of a raspy-voiced singing of:

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
You look like a monkey
And smell like one too

Then, she'd just hang up on you. Presumably, so you wouldn't have
time to respond...and she knew it was way too early for you to bother
calling back to complain!

Oh, well. Time to start the celebrations....I think changing the car's
oil is first on the agenda.....

6 Comments:

Blogger golfwidow said...

Happy Birthday!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Bud said...

Changing the oil? You really know how to live it up. I just turned down a doctor's appointment for my B-day. I've decided to just ignore my B-days, anyway. And when people call I'll pretend it either isn't my B-day or that I'm a different age altogether. Eventually I really will forget my age. And hopefully so will everybody else.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Happy birthday, Mr. L! By now, I know I've lost track of how many years I've been 29. I'm with Bud on that oil change remark, though. Couldn't you at least live it up by throwing in a car wash?

8:56 PM  
Blogger Mr. L said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Actually, I almost washed the car...but it was going to rain, so I skipped it.

9:54 PM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

oh, happy belated birthday! i must have missed the post yesterday. you really ARE a growened up, as my 4 year old would say!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. L. A fellow piscean, just like me! Hope you had a terrific day.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home