Monday, January 16, 2006

Holiday Fuzzy

Let's see....today is a holiday.

But not for Mrs. L, who went to work early this morning
in 7-degree (F) weather. She seemed happy about it....
yeah....

About as happy as Master L, who, upon seeing the temperature
on television, said, "Whoa - I'm not going outside AT ALL
today."

Somehow, I forgot that I was supposed to have a band rehearsal
at 5:30 (because no one is working, right?) and scheduled a
dinner with an old friend for 5:00. Well, that, combined with
Mrs. L working meant I couldn't do 5:30 anyway. So now the
other guys have to adjust their schedules to accomodate ME -
the guy who can't be trusted with a schedule. Sigh.

This is why Mrs. L usually handles scheduling. She's....um...
responsible. There, I said it!!

OK, so if I can remember where my shoes are, Master L and I
*should* be able to meet my old friend and Mrs. L at the
restaurant. And if I'm really on the ball, I'll remember to
bring my bass INSIDE the restaurant instead of leaving it
in the car to freeze. Then, maybe I'll even remember to
take it with me when I leave AND remember
to go to the rehearsal.

Do you think writing all of this down is helping me to remember?
Well.....results vary. I may remember all of it, or none of it.

Or, maybe Mrs. L will remind to do all this stuff....I'd be
lost without her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

You see, this is why I'm a solo act. You can't even trust the organized one in the band to not screw around with the schedule. I'm sending you somethng soon.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bud: Well, in my case, being a solo act would mean the person with the worst memory would be in charge!! LOL...when I arrived at rehearsal - 15 minutes late, even with the reschedule (D'OH!!) - the other guys just silently stared at me while I set up my stuff. It was like a zen beating!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

I'm beginning to think that musicians are just as prone to brain farts as mathemeticians, when it comes to scheduling things. Whether it's the music, spreadsheet, database, or FOOD, we get distracted too often, don't we, and fuck up our calendar appointments?

I do it once or twice a month, which is embarrassing for me. Not the end of the world, but you would expect a little better from a numbers lady who's punctual 99.x% of the time.

So, please excuse me if I have to laugh.

(and BTW, I had to migrate over to Laughing Frog from Sock Monkey/Jane Bear, so if you don't recognize Froggie, that's why, but I'm the same person)

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home