Friday, November 24, 2006

Almost Ready....well.....I don't know....

I've been away. Not physically away, but mentally. I was/am
uninspired as far as writing, playing music, raking leaves,
getting out of bed, thinking, working, and....fill in the blank.

Let's see what's been happening....

My "cousin" Bill passed away, thus removing from
the planet the last living witness to the circus that was my
mother's family. Whatever secrets he had, he took with
him. We will never know "the truth". I've been toying
with writing about my interactions with my mother,
but haven't gotten around to it. Let's just say the
experience wasn't all that "normal", or should I say,
"typical". For instance, it's been long-rumoured that
my Aunt Mary was actually my grandmother. They were
all born at home and made up the details as necessary.

I don't know, maybe I'll get to it. "Memories of Mom"....it'd
be like a little Jack Handey blog series!

My son's school is giving us a lot of grief. He's completely bored
in school, because they are giving him work he could have done
three years ago. But - they paid lots of money for an "education
programme" and they don't want to deviate from it. The state
requires that every child receives a "free and appropriate"
education. Unfortunately, their strict adherence to this
"education programme" has the effect of putting kids in boxes
rather than providing an "appropriate" environment.
I'll be pointing that out at one of the many meetings I'm sure to
attend. I think their plan is to drag it out long enough that
every student levels out.

Last week I had the "pleasure", while working at the temp mental
health job, to be the target of a "brown protest". The client didn't like
how his day was going, so he came into the office and intentionally
dumped in his pants. A statement of sorts. Maybe a metaphor
for how things have been going....ha!

I have bunches of things I was planning to work on that I've done
nothing with at all. Someday I'll get to them. I hope.

I need to get stuff going, to improve my state of mind. But I can't do
it until my state of mind improves.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

This is a good first step, L. I think it's coming.. Writing about that family might be the thing you need to do first. Just a hunch.

5:30 PM  
Blogger golfwidow said...

I really didn't have anything useful or helpful to say about anything else, except that you are good enough at expressing yourself to others that I think you will, eventually, be able to piece things together sufficiently for your own peace of mind.

That said, the "brown note" you got has the makings of a tale in and of itself, something about "Same shit, different day."

8:09 AM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

i'm with bud, mr. l. getting it all out (even if not on the blog... but then we couldn't be entertained! :)) really helps. you know me, i'm always dumping (figuratively, not in the "brown protest" way) on my blog, and find that stuff sort-of goes out of my head and into the blogosphere.

the school situation really stinks, and i apologize. just enrich master l's teachings at home for the time being.

hope to hear more from you soon. here's some positive mental energy heading your way...

8:56 AM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

i THINK i can i THINK i can i THINK i can...

keep thinkin' like the little engine that could!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

I really resent having to type my comment all over again because I'm using beta. But here goes: write something totally off the wall, but that has six grains of truth to it. One, it'll be hilarious, and two, it might make you feel a bit better.

7:51 PM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

happy holidays to you and yours, mr l! maybe we'll see you in the new year.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home