Monday, December 25, 2006

Chocolate-cappuccino Choices

Life is always presenting us with choices.

Mrs. L made her traditional batches of holiday truffles
this month. Well, making them is the tradition - sometimes
there is variation in the flavour selection.

This year the featured truffles were chocolate-espresso
and white chocolate-toffee.

I forgot all about the pot-luck food event at my crappy
seasonal job, but they let me eat anyway...so I figured
I'd bring in some truffles the next day to make up for
it.

Mrs. L's chocolate-espresso truffles had people swooning.
A guy said, "I can see why you married her". One
woman, who seemed to be having a food/sex
experience, told me, "Tell her I'LL marry her."

I went home and gave Mrs. L the news. I told her,
"Well...you know....it seems like a lot of women in
our age group suddenly decide to change their
'lifestyle'...so you've got this cute Asian-American
woman interested....not a bad start."

She said....."I see where this is going. Forget it!
It ain't gonna happen."

Somehow this got turned around. What did *I*
do?! SHE made the damned truffles.

4 Comments:

Blogger hellomelissa said...

tell her to make dark chocolate/ orange truffles next year and I'LL be her girlfriend.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Melissa and I will BOTH be fighting for a place in Mrs. L's heart! And I don't care what flavor she makes as long as it's chocolate! Hope you had a great day.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she made me truffles I would marry her! LOL Hope you had a merry xmas!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Bud said...

Great story! Once my step daughter had a chef friend living with her (us) and he made hundreds of truffles and spread them around the house to cool. Glad he never counted them. We dined on them when he wasn't there.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home