Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Stopping in.....

Back from the UK. I was over for the annual Fairport
Convention festival. It's held in Cropredy:



Here's a view from the field:

Here's a guy who sat next to me all day Friday:


And here's a shot of me and my friend Maart, or as I like to
call this one, "Guys who love ale too much" . . .


Three days of merriment. And the backstage portapotties
actually had toilet paper! When the Renoirs ran out, they
brought in the Monets . . . I almost felt guilty because the
people I was staying with had to use the field facilities,
which were . . . um . . . a bit less sanitary. I got over it,
though!

I had a funny experience before the festival. I was suffering
from jet lag and was at a concert in a nearby town. I found
that I couldn't sit in my seat, having been in planes for
nine hours earlier that day. So I went out into the lobby
of the hall to find coffee. The concession stand had closed,
but one of the employees said, "Well, we can certainly
find YOU a cup of coffee!"

Well . . . OK . . . who am I, exactly?

She took me out back into the employees' area,
where the manager of the hall asked me how I
took my coffee and got it for me. I took out my
wallet. He said, "You don't have to pay!"

Once again, who am I? I guess they thought I
was somebody!!

I'm home for the moment, where I'm just a
regular guy who has to get his own coffee
(unless the wife is making some!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I was wondering about how that went for you. Glad it was a good time. Who the hell are you anyway?

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bud: I still don't know who I am. I'd normally say..."nobody"...!!!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home