Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I Didn't Kiss A Girl....Really!!"

We went to see Jill Sobule play the other night.
I sang some backup vocals on one song . . . and
screwed up one of the words . . . way to go . . . and
it was recorded, so when I get a copy I'll get to
hear my gaffe over and over, in perpetuity. Heh. Sorry, Jill!

After the show, Mrs. L took this picture:




We picked up Master L at my brother's place, and when we got
home I started downloading pictures from the camera.
When this shot came up on the screen, Master L said:
"Daaaaaad . . . WHO is THAT WOMAN ? ? ?"

Apparently he is well-trained! HA!

When I told him "Mom took the picture", he said,
"Oh. OK." Off the hook . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Don't you HATE when that happens. It happens to me on my own songs, however

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is that? Where was the show? I did a tour with Jill in the late 90's while I was touring with Robyn Hitchcock. She's truly a hoot and fun to hang with. Wish I could have been there to cheer you on!

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bud: On your OWN songs, you can call it an 'update'...!

LG: You can see!!! THAT'S cool! The show was at the Lizard Lounge. Yeah, Jill is fun. Mrs. L and I have been going to see her since before the 'hit'...hard to believe that was over 12 years ago now. The rest of the world must be getting old (it CAN'T be us!!). :)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

that is seriously cool. I love "I Kissed A Girl" and also playing it on guitar. :)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Wow. That is cool! In the photo are you thinking "F***, I f***ed up the words to that song!"?

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home