Thursday, September 20, 2007

Meow

Looks like we'll be getting a kitten soon. Master L has
been pushing for a new pet for awhile now . . . at first
he was asking about rodents (gerbils, hamsters) but
we settled on a cat. We think he wanted a cat anyway
but was afraid to ask because they are "bigger" and
must, therefore, be a bigger parental hurdle.

My only experience with gerbils is the Lunachicks'
song "The Day Squid's Gerbil Died", but I just
have a feeling the cat will ultimately be "less"
work.

Mrs. L is a dog-person. She gave in on this one.

I haven't had a cat since we got married. The
landlord wouldn't allow pets -- but after we
moved out and his son took over our apartment,
a very large black dog moved in, because . . . the
wood floors were impervious to "family dog"
claw marks . . ? Go figure. That's OK . . I wanted to
give up my cat to live in your dump, A S S H O L E ! ! !

Feh. Anyway . . . I'm not bitter. Wonder if that guy
has died an horrific death from some kind of cancer
yet?

I hope I remember all the cat-training wisdom I
acquired over the years. Like riding a bicycle, right?
Speaking of which -- this will have to be an "indoor"
cat, because our street is way too busy for most
animals to be near the road. There IS one cat that
prowls the neighbourhood, but how it has survived
the street-crossings all this time is beyond me.
Around here, people speed up if an animal is in the
road. After all, it might turn out to be dinner.
D'oh!

No, seriously. There is a state waiting list for moose
and deer roadkill. Anything smaller than that is at
your own discretion, I guess. Less paperwork. Get
big government off our backs!!! :)

Need batteries. Need coffee. What does that have to
do with anything? Who cares . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

You're getting a battery operated cat who drinks coffee?

1:02 PM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

yeah, we went to get a cat last december. we came home with two. although i was skeptical, it was the best decision. they are sweetest kitties.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home