Monday, October 01, 2007

Golf, Or Something Like It

I got an e-mail last week from one of my old coworkers.
It was time for the annual company golf tournament
and he needed a fourth player for his team.

I haven't worked for that company for over twelve
years. But . . . would I go play golf for FREE?
Sure, why not? Weird golf course though - this
was the first hole:


A 90-yard par 3. Not something you see every day!

The "theme" of the tournament ("golf" is usually enough for
me, but I wasn't going to argue -- it was free) was "James
Bond". It's a software company, so my team was called
"Spyware". Um. . . clever, eh?!? :) We never saw who
was on the "Octopussy" team . . .

There were "James Bond" trivia questions posted at every hole.
The team with the highest number of correct answers apparently
would win a prize. I know NOTHING about those movies.

Here's my team captain phoning in suspicious activity
to HQ:

Actually he was taking a call from his wife. But that's the real HQ.
We didn't win. But did I mention it was free???

Stories were recounted. My famous exit interview was revisited.
A fine time was had by all. Same time NEXT year?!?

This company had (and still has) a policy of "free soda". They
give it away at the office, and they had coolers all over the
golf course. I think the owner must be diabetic, such is the
obsession with soda.

On Sunday, I played my "home course" with the usual bunch
of smartass perverts. Heh. I guess you'd have to know them.
Don't all the lost golf balls in this water hazard look like
some weird kind of fungi??

. . . or maybe lots of bird poop . . .

They really were all golf balls though. Except for the 38th
one from the left -- that one IS bird poop.

You know what's funny about golf? When you play every day,
you get better. Weird. And too bad it was only those two days.
Ha . . . I'm probably back to sucking by now.

Hey, remember my CD challenge? "You have so many, you'll
never listen to them all" ?? Update: I'm a month and a half in.
I started at the "1" discs ("15.60.75 The Numbers Band") and
have moved up to the "B" discs (currently "Bantam: Suicide
Tourist"). 68 discs into it. I have a long way to go. Hey --
just like my golf game.

I just hope it wasn't our lousy play that killed Miss Moneypenny!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Looks like fun! I haven't played since I moved here and I live on a golf course. Crazy.

11:39 AM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

i simply don't get golf. playing, watching, you name it. i don't get it.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bud: That's just wrong...get out there!

Melissa: see new post!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home