Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We Were On A Break!!!

I've been away. No real reason other than the
massive internet depression caused when "Michelle"
decided to stop blogging. Everyone followed, lemmings
to the sea....

Here's some stuff from my time away . . .

At the Museum of Science in Boston, there is a big display
"habitat" with a few marmosets.

I asked the person on duty, "What do they feed them?"
She went into the storage closet and pulled out:

Marmoset Chow!!!
Of course.


Master L and I by the lovely Dorchester shore:

Heh. This was the last "giant parka" day of the year, I think.
Losing that coat is like dropping 20 pounds. It makes people
think I've taken some action re: my aging carcass, when
in fact, I haven't. Although - just the fact that the snow is
gone and we're out walking around now probably inadvertently
helps. The unintentional exercise method . . .

A visit to the JFK Memorial Library:



This is a great quote, but you have to wonder if it was JFK
or some underpaid speechwriter that came up with it:


That's right. I'm hopelessly skeptical. As if you didn't know that.

I don't know what I.M. Pei was getting at with this scaffolding.
Does it make a statement?

Or is it just my 'camerawork' making the statement?

On the home front, can anyone figure out why our cat lets
Master L get away with this:


If *I* tried to fold back the cat's ears, he'd (literally) rip me
a new one. But for some reason it's OK when Master L does it.
Maybe it's because Master L cleans the guck out of the corners
of his eyes for him. What? He should soil his OWN paws?

We also let Master L "redo" his room. Here are the colours
he picked:

"That's my boy."

The guy at the paint store thought *I* was nuts.

Let's see . . . what else . . .

After only 30 years, I finally figured out that if you tune
your car radio to a classical station, you don't get your
ears blown out whenever you eject a tape/CD. Am
I quick, or what?

Speaking of quick - in my quest to "listen to all of my CDs",
I reached rack number two this week!! Only took 19 months.
I'm on the Fred Frith stuff now. It was cool to rediscover all
the great discs Bill Frisell has put out . . . I'd forgotten how
good some of those are. Was that the greater purpose of
this whole exercise? Probably not. We'll call it a side
benefit.

Well, I should probably stop writing now. The cat is dry.


And looking pissed off.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

nice fluffy dry warm kitty and a purply-red bedroom

yay!

7:29 AM  
Anonymous groovebunny said...

I'm really digging Master L's new bedroom. :))) But I don't think I can get my kitty as fluffy and warm as yours. Mine has an appliance fear. lol

12:47 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Nice pics! I'll have to get back to the museum when we're up in Boston visiting the in-laws! Great pics, nice coat!

Nice shot of the fresh-from-the-oven kitty, too. No wonder he doesn't like you! :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger 日月神教-向左使 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home