Saturday, March 04, 2006

New Music

Wow...

I found a couple of artists I really like that I didn't know about
before....these are the CDs I picked up this week:

Kirk Fletcher - I'm Here and I'm Gone

Blues - and damned good, too.
He's playing in the Fabulous Thunderbirds....I didn't know that
when I bought this CD. I'd kind of lost interest in that band
a few years ago. Maybe it's time to see what they're up to
these days....but I'll probably buy Kirk's other solo stuff
first.

Ahleuchatistas - What You Will

Gnarly, sometimes dissonant instrumental rock. Not for everyone.
I'd never heard of these guys at all. Bought the disc simply
because it gave me that weird feeling that only people who
obsessively gather music probably understand. But now
I'll have to buy their other discs, too, dammit....

I also bought a new Krups coffee pot and an annodized
pan, but they aren't making much noise.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Yeah, Kirk Fletcher is excellent. Haven't checked out the other unpronouncable group yet. Glad you got the other essential in life--something good to make coffee in. That's why I love playing coffee houses. Got a coffeehouse/cafe' tonight so I can get caffed up and watch the drunks react to me.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Mr. L said...

I think you'd have to be able to tolerate Beefheart-style playing to be able to get into the Ahluechatistas. But I'm there already, so I definitely like them.

We're constantly wearing out coffee-related products around here. Mrs. L has declared coffee to be one of the basic food groups. I was reluctant many years ago, but now I have to agree.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Not that I live to eat, but the coffee maker and new pan are the items that grabbed my interest. Had to buy myself a new coffee maker a few months ago. The old carafe model Black & Decker I bought 15 years ago finally crapped out, so I hit Bed, Bath & Beyond and replaced it with a Hamilton Beach that came with not only a metal thermal carafe for a full pot, but also a couple of thermal mugs to match for grab-n-go take it with you morning commute situations.

Anodized pans are great for stuff like chicken cacciatore, but the work horse of my stable is a good old fashioned well-seasoned cast iron skillet. There's nothing better for pancakes, hash browns, omelettes, or fried eggs for a weekend brunch.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home