Saturday, September 02, 2006

Woooo Effin' Hoooooo

Still recovering from my motherboard failure and subsequent "upgrade".

But, today I managed to tamper with the registry so I could access my
old Word files again. Bwah ha ha haaaa......

Now I just have to convince companies that I bought software from that
they need to let me download it again. Not going well so far. It usually
works like this:

Me: "I had to load all my data onto a new disk and now I need to reinstall.
Can you send me the access code?"

They: "Certainly. Just send us your original receipt e-mail."

Me: "I....can't.....because....I....lost....all....my.....files!!"

They: "Huh? But we just need the e-mail."

Me: "AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

Repeat several times.

But at least I got my old text files back, so now I have the bill of sale for
our 1986 Oldsmobile again. Whew.

5 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

Idjuts ! Don't you hate that ?
I've had my own customer service dramas of late, so I know how you're feeling. Ugh !! :)

Michele sent me today.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh - what a vicious circle.... I feel for you! Got an 89 Oldsmobile - no receipt!
Here from Michele's!
Cheers and have a great weekend.
Chrissie

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello in N.H. from Everett, ma.

Way to go to find your old files. What a drag to go through all that. Good luck. Saw your comments over at Monty's place.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

Good thing you've got that Bill of sale, so if you should want to sell that Olds...

:)

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great that you found your old files. I suppose it's almost as frustrating as dealing with AOL late at night when all of the reps are coming from some third world country. Don't even get me started on that! But hey, you never know when you might need that Olds receipt!

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home