Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random Blathering

With gas prices hovering around $3.50/gallon
in my area, I got the bright idea to check out
what they're charging for home-heating oil these
days. We won't need any until the fall, but what
the hell. Might as well see how it's doing.

It's $3.90/gallon. That's insane.


And it's only going to get higher - the oil industry
only has one more year of free reign. They "need"
to grab all they can. They must be barely scraping
by on that measly 9 billion in profit each quarter. Best
part is, all the local delivery companies have a "minimum
delivery" of 125 gallons. That means that even if the
price didn't go up (and we know it will), a MINIMUM
delivery will cost $487. And the oil from that will only
last three or four weeks, depending on how cold it is
outside.


Time to go solar. And I have a plan: we'll put up the
solar panels and then surround them with bottles
of milk - because every time you buy a gallon of milk,
no matter WHERE it is in your car. . . the sun is
directly on it. There must be some kind of lactic/solar
attraction. But wait . . . maybe the sun is only attracted
to milk that hasn't soured. That's a problem. Replacing
the milk would be pricey at $3/gallon. Hmmm . . . I see
a vicious circle forming here.

In other news, our cat has developed a magnetic
attraction to any and all passageways to the outside.
He desperately wants to get outside. He really needs
to be an indoor cat because there's so much traffic on
our street he probably wouldn't last long out there.
Well, that, and the wildlife that is far more vicious than
he. Or, more rabid. Are there degrees of rabidity???
I hope so, since he spends a good part of his day chewing
on my arm.


Anyway. Every time you enter or exit the house,
he's there, trying to get past you. Even just going
downstairs to do laundry is a pain because he'll run
down there and just hide under stuff to drive you insane.
I remember from my childhood that ALL cats like to
run into basements for some reason (are they natural-born
radon addicts??).

What else . . . oh, yeah, if I haven't said it already,
I really have the feeling that WHOEVER gets
elected this year is going to annoy the piss out
of me for the next four years. This morning
I saw Obama talking about gas prices having
climbed during THE LAST 20 YEARS . . .
get with the fuckin' programme, pal - they've
TRIPLED in the last SEVEN years. Let's
have the balls to say so.
We now have three candidates that stand a
chance. And every one of them annoys the
hell out of me. Oh, well . . . there's always
2012. But then we'll be dealing with
"the little brown one", who'll be old enough
to run by then. And the cycle will continue.
Ugh. Time to focus on the better things in
life:



"My kitten is large, my kitten is orange,
he eats like a walrus and squeaks like a door hinge."

Who says you can't rhyme 'orange'??? Bah!

1 Comments:

Blogger aprilbapryll said...

We've been looking for a new house lately and I love gas stoves but I'm afraid of what gas prices will be like if we get it (although really, can it be much more than electric these days??)

Here via Michele's even though there's no M&G ... I may have a look around here!

BTW, it's $3.60 in the Tampa area -- sucks!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home