Sunday, May 22, 2005

"He Lost $440,000..."

Cruel, heartless me.

Apparently I was supposed to 'feel' for the guy
who was 'helping' my brother work on my roof
last week, even though he seemed to be on his
phone (rather than working) every time I saw
him.

Turns out, he was in the process of losing a bid
for a big contracting job somewhere else.

When I mentioned to my brother that the guy sure
didn't work much for what he was paid, he
said, "Well, he was losing $440,000".....

This is a very interesting way that only people who
own their own business think: by failing to get the
job, he "lost" $440,000.

Now, he never HAD the $440,000. But somehow,
he LOST it. And now it's MY responsibility to let
him sit on MY roof doing nothing all week long
while I pay him . . . ???

My guess is, he's not going to do an honest day of
work for anyone until he feels he's "been paid back".
Probably wants a tax break, too.

Me, I want a copy of his damned phone bill so I can
charge him back for all the time he was talking instead
of working.

I suck.

Funny thing, though . . . the guy who replaced him
for 40% less pay did more in four hours than he'd done
in twenty-five.

1 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about. Sounds like he was taking the piss to me.

We had trouble like this with builders in the past. In the end we kicked them out and finished the job ourselves (once they had done the hard bit).

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home