Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Feeling Irregulus

Today I went to a local planetarium with my son.

The presenter told the story of Regulus, the "honest
general". So honest, apparently, he was able to convince
his captors to allow him to leave captivity....because he
promised to return...which he did.

It was pointed out that the word "regulation" comes from
Regulus.

I mentioned to one of the teachers present that the lessons I
had learned were: a) Regulus' honesty was matched by his
stupidity, and b) perhaps the ancient Greeks were trying to
tell us that some rules are meant to be broken.

She said she wished I had shared that with the children.
Trouble maker....

4 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

I had forgotten that story. What a dumb ass.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Yeah. What Bud said.

12:48 AM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

sounds better than our trip to the planetarium!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She probably was jealous that you knew more than her!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home