Thursday, May 25, 2006

"We Do This Because It's Fun"

I got a message yesterday that I have a "confirmed" gig on
Saturday August 22. Take a look at a calendar, folks...
by what mysterious process did this gig get "confirmed"??
My calendar says August 22 is a Tuesday.
I assume they meant THIS year...not several years down
the road!

I'm sure the red tape involved in clearing this up will take
a lot more time than the gig itself.

Calendars seem to be a big problem for people who book
musicians...especially in the fall, when purchasing the new
desk calendar for next year is put off until the last possible
moment - waiting for a sale at the office supply store, Maybe?!

Remember:
The music business is 95% business.....5% music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

You know I've been THERE, L. Over and over. I hate the business part too. I think I got this cured with a Palm, though. It hasn't screwed me up yet. But there's time.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home