Sunday, April 02, 2006

Familiar Story

I watched a documentary called "Venom" the other day.
The show talked about the harvesting of snake venom
to create medicines.

During one segment, the researchers
were out at sea on a small boat, shining a spotlight on
the water. When they spotted a snake in the water,
they would net it, get it to bite a venom-collection tube
and then release the animal back into the sea.

It made me wonder about the stories snakes would
tell.....

"I was just skimming the surface of the water, minding
my own business. It was very dark. All of a sudden,
there was a blinding light from the sky. Before I
could react, a giant net came down from the sky
and transported me to some kind of alien craft.

The aliens were very strange looking - they had multiple
extensions on their bodies. One of the aliens used
one of these "extensions" to hold me tightly by the
neck as it forced me to give a venom sample.
When I had no venom left to give, I was suddenly
transported back into the water.

The bright light moved away, accompanied by a
loud whirring sound."

-------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

I was just a baby iguana swimming from one island to another off the coast of Costa Rica, when all of a sudden this boat with a dozen people on board started circling around me. I was so confused. Nobody plucked me from the water. What did they want with me? I was only able to escape when they dot distracted by a roseate spoonbill flying overhead. Phew!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alien abductions gone wild....

12:38 PM  
Blogger Bud said...

Excellent point of view piece! When we drag for samples off the ocean floor,and then try to deduce what all life is there, it's way too small a sample. Try to imagine if you or I got abducted by aliens. They would think that all humans play stringed instruments and obsess over sound quality.

11:09 AM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

hee hee! now i feel like a molecule under a microscope. how orwellian! did you get your 'never' cd yet, and if so, what do you think??

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No CD yet. It hasn't been that long. I'll try to remember to let you know what I think when it comes.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home