Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I....HATE.....CARS......

Every car we own came down with some weird "Spend
money on me" spring fever in the last month.

Car #1
Something I can't even remember, that cost about
$180....followed by the main bearing in the transmission
and the clutch for another $880....

Car #2
Exhaust system rusted out in several places....$230.

Car #3
Exhaust system rusted out in just one place....$90.

Add to that the fact that "inspection" is done when
your birthday falls (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!),
so tack on another $120 in fees.

All to facilitate traveling from point A to point B
when necessary.

Feh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Yeah I hate them too but then the alternative sucks even more.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I guess loading amplifiers onto horses would really suck...

12:26 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Might I be so bold as to recommend a Saab? Swedes know about snow, salt, and all that. My first one eventually cost me as much per year as my insurance cost and resale value, but still ran fine, so I ditched it when it was 11 years old and bought another.

I haven't even had to have a muffler replaced on the '99 9-3 yet, which floors me, since I drive 2000-2500 miles a year. You'd think something in the exhaust system would have rusted out by now, but NO!

Anything 1999 or a newer model year will serve you well.

And my advice is worth all you paid for it, but...hey.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

My very first car broke down a week after I bought it.
And nearly every week thereafter until I got rid of the damn thing. :)

I've had a lot of cars...but I can tell you that I've had two Ford Tauruses (older models~an 86 and a 91)~one of which I am still driving. The other finally gave up the ghost after more than 300K miles. It needed a new transmission so I let the poor thing die in peace. *sigh*
I love my Ford Taurus(i) :)

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home