Thursday, September 18, 2008

Summer Recap - Vermont

Vermont - I had a couple of gigs there over the summer, for one of which I took the whole family for the weekend (posted earlier) and the other was kind of hit-and-run.

But I'm just 'getting too old' (ahem) to drive for hours,
play for hours, and drive for hours again to go home
in the middle of the night. So I crashed at the drummer's
house and the band went bass fishing on the Connecticut
River in the morning.

This was their cat, Bandit, at 5 in the morning:




So - we're happily casting our lines, when the drummer decides
it's getting hot. Time to remove his sweatshirt . . . up over
the head, flip, oops, were those the KEYS to the truck
that just fell out of the pocket, bounced once on the deck
and fell into the river?!!? Why . . yes, that was them.

Were the keys on a float keychain? Nah. Too sensible.
We're only boating, after all.


Fortunately, the guitar player had left the keys to HIS
truck back at the house, so a call was placed to the
drummer's girlfriend who then came and rescued us.
We were able to get the boat back to the house,
leaving the drummer's truck by the river for a
locksmith to deal with on Monday.


Here's his explanation for dropping his keys in
the river:




Well, his girlfriend DID give me some zucchini from their garden,
so I suppose it all comes out even in the end. (I'm not even sure
what that means).


Anyway, lots of GREEN on the drive home. . .





Right after I took this picture, the guitar player (who was driving ahead of me) called my cell. "Should you really be taking pictures while you're driving? REALLY?"

I said, "You're right. It's as bad as those people who are always making cell calls while driving!" He hung up, for some reason.

Oh . . right. The zucchini. How could I forget? I guess because they were so tiny:



2 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Ah so that's what you use zucchini for--holding up guitars in a bucket seat. They should sell them at Sam Ash.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mr. L said...

That guitar is going nowhere!!! LOL!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home