Friday, May 27, 2005

My Musical Week May 27

Ah, yes, another exercise in "not much to say" . . .

Recently, one of my musical heroes released
a new CD. Most people might find the guy's back
catalogue a bit "difficult". But his last couple of
CDs have been mostly blues-based, so it's time
to stop avoiding him! Or, so I say. So, go
buy the thing, will ya?? Oh, be brave and
buy an old one, too. Try "Tales of Captain
Black" . . .

Here we go . . .

Number One in the car this week:

*** James Blood Ulmer - "Birthright" ***

and the rest . . .
Mike Keneally - "Sluggo!" (MK is coming to town and
I just got tickets)

Richard Thompson - "Live from Austin TX"

Jon Cleary - "Alligator Lips & Dirty Rice"

Brave Combo - "Live at Cat's Cradle"
(a download - see their
site for details)

Drums & Tuba - "Mostly Ape"
(didn't buy this when it came
out, and now wish I had)

Well, there you go. I'm way behind. Lots of stuff to
listen to this weekend. You know, before it's too
late. Whatever the hell that means . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home