Thursday, August 03, 2006

Transgression Thursday 4

..and you thought I would run out of things to be pissy about....
HA! Not yet.

Potholes - I'm on a streak. I keep running into potholes on
the passenger side of the car. Usually the same car - we
have a few, but it seems like only one of them takes a
constant beating. Sounds like it's taking its toll, too.
Something isn't as tight as it used to be in the
right front wheel/shock area. What I don't get is,
why can't they just send the guys out with the bucket
of "cold patch" and fill in the holes? Is there some
Beatles fan on the DPW who wants to top the
"4000 holes in Blackburn" ?? Fix the damned streets
before I lose a wheel, will ya?!?

The sun - I hear some people actually like to be outside,
soaking up the sun's rays. Well, OK....we'd all freeze to
death if it wasn't there. I'll give you that. But I prefer to
"do my business" at night. How many times has this
happened to you? You go to the store. You buy a
gallon of milk. It's blazing hot out. On the way home,
you TRY to keep the milk "out of the sun" - this also
works for ice cream, CDs, and in the days of old,
LPs - but no matter WHERE you put it, in about five
seconds the angle of the sun entering the car changes
and your stuff starts to cook. I assume the only
thing that WOULDN'T stay in the sun is a solar
panel.

Parking - with the warm weather come the space hogs.
I'm frying in my car, and every idiot who is "leaving"
spends 15 minutes getting INTO their car, then
playing with the controls, fixing their hair, etc.,
before driving away. Just get in the car and go.
It reminds me of an old cartoon from the days
when I lived in Boston. A couple is driving on
Beacon Street (one of the ridiculously busy
streets), and the guy says, "OH MY GOD!
A parking space right here on Beacon! I
can't believe it!! He parks. The woman
then says, "But we're going to Cambridge."
And the guy replies, "I know. But let me just
sit here in the space a minute and enjoy it!"

This weekend I have a gig at a nudist camp.
"Who the hell booked THAT?", needs to be
said. Well....it was the drummer. 'Nuff said!
I think I WON'T be getting naked. Nobody
wants to see THAT!!!!

Besides, I don't want to get as badly burned
as Mrs. L did the other day at the beach.
Damned good-for-nothin' sun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Oh, I love it when you go on a rip, Mr. L. Okay, nobody booked me to play at a nudist camp, but everything else rings true.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Bud said...

Nudist camp gig? I'd consider that but, you know, this is the land of the retired.If you catch my drift. And don't even get me started on parking around here. It is the scariest part of every driving experience. Old people don't seem to be able to turn their heads and they drive cars too big for them which means the seat becomes a blind spot in the mirror.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

a gig at a nudist camp? lmao! you better wear eye patches or something. from what I hear only ugly people like to get nekkid and flaunt their highly offensive bodies. :D

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home