Monday, October 08, 2007

Thur-Fri Fun

On Thursday night I gave Master L his second shot
at serious tinnitus. The first was a John Mayall
concert when he was very little. This time it
was a Steve Vai concert. Man, his band is
LOUD. I assume he needs a lot of stage
volume to facilitate the feedback "hotspots"
around his monitors, but . . . well, these old
ears . . .

Fortunately, I brought earplugs for both myself
and Master L - but he kept taking his out, putting
them back in, etc. I guess you can't make someone
understand tinnitus until they have it. I have it.
Leave your message at the tone . . . what's that?
You don't hear the tone? It must be in my head.

Master L declared the Steve Vai band to be "the
best concert you've taken me to see" . . . so I
expect the teen years will involve a lot of feedback and
whammy bar action.

On Friday, I had the joy of driving to a medical
appointment during the peak of morning solar
glare:




Where's the road? Are those cars in front of me?



What the hell am I doing taking pictures while
driving blindly?!?!? No worries - I'm going
to the hospital anyway! If I end up finishing
the ride in an ambulance, I won't have to
pay to park in the new parking garage.

For some reason, since the day the garage was built,
you can't get in and out of the hospital in less than an
hour, even if you're only picking up a document. Do you
think there was a board meeting about making sure
higher parking fees are collected?



Nah - I'm just paranoid!

Hey - let's ingest radioactive particles and climb
inside a huge magnet! Woo hoo!



Even better! Let's see how much the insurance
company covers!!

Wait - that's not funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

You got to get that boy some ear protection or he's gonna be hearing worse than you and me by the time he's 15. Well, worse than me anyway. I may being a bit presumptuous there.
Cool pix. Glad it didn't get you the express to the hospital.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home